Recently, I was scribbling in my writing journal (as I usually do) about everything and nothing in particular. After a while, my mind wondered (as it usually does) to the kind of books/essays/articles which I enjoy reading, the writers of those articles and why I enjoy reading the work of those writers.
I narrowed down my list to 5 writers who inspire me with their intelligence, wit, boldness and creative talent.
I am someone who enjoys reading for pure pleasure, and I know that if I see the names of the writers below on a masthead or on the cover of a book, the odds are that I would enjoy reading what they have written.
Please enjoy reading these essays by the following writers:
1. Bim Adewunmi: 300 Words A Day.
2. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: Our ‘Africa’ Lenses.
3. Seffi Atta: One Or The Other.
4. Lucy Mangan: ‘I am an introvert, always have been’.
5. Caitlin Moran: Caitlin Moran’s New World Order.